Wednesday 15 May 2013

Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay 2010


Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay 2010 ($26.59, SKU 372474) This was introduced to me by a tasting panel member. He noticed that it was on sale at the 39th & Cambie LDB store $11.40 off the usual price. So I checked it out and confirmed that this was indeed a "Grand Reserve" wine and the original price was $37.99. The grapes were sourced from Santa Barbara county (54%) and Monterey county (46%). I tasted it with dinner and immediately noticed the quality of the wine. The nose was pleasant. It was medium to full body with lots of fruits. There was medium aftertaste. Given that it was on sale, this certainly was a great bargain. I tried to check the stock online but could not even find the SKU or the wine. I saw nine bottles on the shelf. So go get it if you like a reasonably priced US chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment