Sunday 4 April 2021

Dr. Loosen Riesling Mosel 2019


Dr. Loosen Riesling Mosel 2019 (SKU599274, $18.39 tax included)

This was a previously tasted wine but I never bothered to put it on my blog because it was so plain. However I found it on sale in the LDB stores for the month of April 2021 and I tasted it again. It was a simple Riesling with a good fruity nose and taste of pineapple and peach. It was surprisingly refreshing when paired with a fish dish. It was also a surprise that one of my panelists liked it with a filet mignon. For those who do not tolerate alcohol well, it was only 8.5% and one can drink a little bit more without turning red. Previous vintages of the wine typically would get 85 points from Wine Spectator but it was noted to please most drinkers. At $2 off, this would be a great wine to stock up and drink over the next twelve months as a pleasant daily white wine.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment