Monday 31 August 2020

Beringer Brothers Chardonnay Bourbon Barrel Aged 2016

 

Beringer Brothers Chardonnay Bourbon Barrel Aged 2016 (SKU 233513, $22.99 tax included)

I was visiting the Alberni and Bute store to buy some wine when I saw four boxes of this wine sitting in the corner. When I asked the staff what the price was, they had to open a box and scanned a bottle to give me the price. I recalled that the Beringer Private Reserve Chardonnay was a very good wine, so I thought I would try this offering at a more affordable price. The wine was aged in Bourbon oak barrels for sixty days to give it more flavour. When opened, the bouquet was pleasantly fruity. The body was medium to full since it was a Chardonnay. The palate showed some fruits like apricot and pear. The finish was medium. I tasted it with some home cooked halibut and it went well. I also took it to a Chinese restaurant and tasted it with my tasting panel. They all like the pleasant taste and thought it went well with a Chinese meal. It was not too dry, so it was easy to appreciate. The alcohol content was 14.5%. For this price, this would be a great daily white wine to compliment any fish or chicken dish. There is ample stock in the LDB stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment