Sunday 5 May 2019

Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling Columbia Valley 2017


Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling Columbia Valley 2017 (SKU 232512, $20.69 tax included, WS 89 pts.)
I needed an economical white wine for a dinner party and was scratching my head when I ran into this wine at the liquor store. I recalled that the winery had a good reputation for producing good value wines and I actually visited it four years ago in Woodinville, WA. As with other new world Riesling, the nose was not overwhelming when first opened. It had a medium body with taste of citrus fruits and a hint of honey on the back end. It paired well with the salad course. It should also go well with a Chinese meal. The ladies liked it because it was not too dry. It was meant for immediate consumption. There is ample supply in the LDB stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment