Thursday 25 October 2018

Masi Campofiorin Veneto Appassimento 2015


Masi Campofiorin Veneto Appassimento 2015 (SKU 155051, $22.99 tax included)
This was given to me as a present today and my wife happened to cook some pork chop, therefore I opened it for dinner right the way. I was met with a fruity aroma and my tasting panel thought the nose was pleasant. I drank it right out of the bottle and the body was medium to full. There was cherry on the front of the tongue and more dark fruits in the mid-palate. The finish was medium long. It paired very well with the pork chop. I have tasted previous vintage of this wine and the 2015 vintage was definitely better than 2014. There was no Wine Spectator rating and past vintages were never rated more than 88 points. However it is a very good dinner wine which would go well with most food. It is on sale at the LDB stores until October 27, 2018 and there is ample stock in the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment