Monday 9 February 2015

Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley Grand Estates 2012

Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley Grand Estates 2012 (SKU 240093, WS90, $17.99)
I found this economical basic US red wine while shopping for something more interesting. Since Wine Spectator gave it 90 points, I thought I should give it a try. I tasted it with some Chinese style stuffed duck and it worked out well. The nose was just average but the palate was full. There was a lot of vanilla taste, suggesting that it was fermented in oak barrels. The finish was medium. It would probably be better paired with a nice juicy steak. Wine Spectator indicated it is best from 2014 to 2017. It is on sale at this price until February 28, 2015. After that it will be $19.99. With the rise of the US dollar, I think it is a good time to pick up a few bottles for your cellar and drink it over the next two to three years. There is ample stock in the LDB stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment